Freelance Jobs

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Obama signals his opposition to gay marriage 'evolving'

Official presidential portrait of Barack Obama...Image via Wikipedia
PRESIDENT: "With respect to the issue of whether gays and lesbians should be able to get married, I’ve spoken about this recently. As I’ve said, my feelings about this are constantly evolving. I struggle with this. I have friends, I have people who work for me, who are in powerful, strong, long-lasting gay or lesbian unions. And they are extraordinary people, and this is something that means a lot to them and they care deeply about.
At this point, what I’ve said is, is that my baseline is a strong civil union that provides them the protections and the legal rights that married couples have. And I think -- and I think that’s the right thing to do. But I recognize that from their perspective it is not enough, and I think is something that we’re going to continue to debate and I personally am going to continue to wrestle with going forward."Hawaii-bound, Obama signals his opposition to gay marriage 'evolving' | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Under New Influence