Freelance Jobs

Friday, September 10, 2010

Ode to Anthony Peake's Daemon: September's Windfall, 2007

Film poster for Vanilla Sky. Copyright 2006, ©...Image via Wikipedia
Anthony Peake
British Binary Mind theorist Anthony Peake,  as a young man.  
The human will, that force unseen, The offspring of a deathless soul,Can hew a wall to any goal, Through walls of granite intervene. 
-- James Allen





Thy Daemon;
that thy spirit which keeps thee
is noble, courageous, high, unmatchable.
Ceasare's is not.


And the Daemon replied, "I am Memory, and am wise in lore of the past, but I too am old. These beings were like the waters of the river Than, not to be understood. Their deeds I recall not, for they were but of the moment. Their aspect I recall dimly, it was like to that of the little apes in the trees. Their name I recall clearly, for it rhymed with that of the river. These beings of yesterday were called Man."~ HP Lovecraft 



People were emailing me when Vanilla Sky came out and saying, “My God, have you seen this film? It’s your book!” ~  British author,  Anthony Peake,  2007




Anthony Peake today:  Some things just get better and better:  On air,  on one of his numerous radio spots








One of the most important ideas which I found on this day in 2007,  was Anthony Peake's concept of the "Daemon",  as depicted in his first work, Is There Life After Death?:  The Extraordinary Science of What Happens When We Die   (Chartwell Books,  2006,  and originally entitled, "Cheating the Ferryman").  


I actually encountered his theory via an essay entitled, "Cheating the Ferryman:  A New Paradigm of Existence?",  published in the Journal of Near Death Studies.  


 A mixture of Nietzsche's Eternal Recurrence theory and quantum physics and psychology,  this idea came to me at a time when I was deeply grieving the loss of my husband.   


Peake's fascinating theory fuses metaphysical and empirical theory into a heady brew about the individual, and what his secret second self,  residing within his consciousness,  can do for him in life, and at the moment of death.


  I salute Anthony Peake.  To learn more about Peake and his theories,  visit his website and forum.   Peake has signed contracts with publishers for third, fourth,  and fifth (as distinguished editor)  books.  One of them is with the illustrious Arcturus Publishing, Inc.,  and will be entitled Time, Dreams,  and Precognition.  Bravo to him!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Under New Influence